Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trail Ride

After two weeks of snow and ice covered ground with single digit temperatures and a week to let it all dry out I was ready to go for a ride. Of course, I think River was more excited and ready than I was! Target was a little less than excited since trail rides require some effort on his part, but I think he was getting a little stir crazy from being stuck in his pasture too.

I was hoping for a fairly slow-paced, relaxing, and calm trail ride.

Surprisingly, that's exactly what I got!

Why was I surprised? Well, Target may be 21 years old (that's old in horse years) but there's no stopping the Thoroughbred sometimes. He seems to forget that he's a little arthritic and has been known to take off, freak out, and basically test my patience in every way possible. Especially when we haven't ridden in a while. I was certainly thankful to have a 'Quarter Horse day' and get to sit back and relax.

This was my view:


Until River decided it was time to go off and do his own thing:



I was in heaven.



Can I just have this kind of Saturday everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment